Glossary of terms
- Bridal bouquet
- The floral arrangement carried by the bride in the ceremony and often later tossed over her shoulder to single guests at the reception. Bouquets come in many different styles, such as "beidermeier" and "cascade."
- Bridal salon
- One-stop, full-service shop where brides-to-be can purchase designer gowns and accessories.
- Usually a single bloom attached to the jacket lapel of the groom, his attendants, the ushers and the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Capacity charts
- View square footage and seating configurations of the selected rooms within a hotel or resort.
- A small bunch of flowers usually worn by the bride's mother, grandmother or other special someone.
- A raised platform where the guests of honor often sit during a reception.
- Destination wedding
- Any place, from an island resort to the Las Vegas strip, where the happy couple can have ceremony, reception and honeymoon in one convenient location.
- Floor plans
- See the layout of the room you are considering.
- Flower children
- Junior attendants assigned to scatter flower petals along the aisle ahead of the bride.
- Future Mother-In-Law.
- Group Value Dates
- Tool allows you to select from participating hotels with available guest rooms and function space in advance at 10-30% or more off seasonal rates, where applicable.
- Guest List Manager
- Tool allows you to set up your hotel guest list, reserve rooms, track which guests have booked their rooms, and make select updates.
- Hilton HHonors®
- The Hilton Family's honors program. HHonors is the only guest reward program that lets you Double Dip® (earn both HHonors points and airline miles for the same stay).
- Hilton HHonors® Point Registry
- The Hilton HHonors Point Transfer Program lets you set up a registry to request points as a gift from friends and family who are HHonors members.
- Honor Attendants
- The best man and the maid (or matron) of honor.
- The cleric, civil servant or other official who performs the ceremony.
- The pages, aka train bearers, follow closely behind the bride, carrying her train.
- Personalized Online Group
- Tool allows guests to book their own rooms and obtain information about your wedding at their convenience.
- Photo Tour
- Many Hilton Family hotels offer a virtual tour of their property through a series of selected photos.
- Request Pricing (Request For Proposal)
- Using our online forms, you can request price quotes for the hotels and rooms that you have selected per your specifications.
- Room Search
- Tool for matching your criteria with the right room for your rehearsal dinner, ceremony or reception.
- Save-the-date card/email
- Informal announcement preceding the invitation. Card or email usually goes out several months in advance of the wedding, allowing guests to make travel arrangements.
- Space Calculator
- Tool helps you determine what size room you'll need for guests at your rehearsal dinner, ceremony or reception.